Monday 11 March 2013

Spikey likey


I've been working on a collection of designs for home textiles based on cacti. I like the idea of something so harsh and spikey ending up on a cushion or duvet cover, as an inviting and cosy addition to the house. I tried really hard not to use a pink in the colour selection, and failed dismally. But the introduction of a matronly maroon is definitely a new choice for me. I've also been working on a larger scale than normal, and like the idea of these as bold, oversized prints. So here are my patterns based on ornamental cacti and succulents. I'm working of some images of these in situ too.


7 comments:

  1. so happy to see those! beautiful collection, esther!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely collection Esther as always! Belated congrats on the MOYO win! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really likey your spikeys Esther! I think you should just embrace the pink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just so fab!! Great collection and glad you included some succulents too - my fav kind of plants - very hard to kill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind comments. Zoe I think you are probably right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb, spikey, stylish, scintillating succulents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Esther, these look really cool – I really like the simplified versions in the second image (in the bottom-left panel)

    ReplyDelete